"Of all the paths you take in life, make sure some are dirt."
- John Muir
Latitude 36 is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization created in May of 2017 by a group of 10 friends who share an affinity for community service and nature. The group consists of many different professions but all share a common desire to promote the conservation, yet, utilization of nature. They believe that responsible exploration of nature enhances both physical and mental wellness. They also recognize that public service is a great way to promote personal growth, build camaraderie, and foster empathy. The name Latitude 36 was created because they all live and play in the latitudinal coordinate of 36 degrees and aim to serve others in the Central Valley of California.
Pictures of Trails in Sequoia National Park & Sequoia National Forest:
"In every walk with nature, one receives far more than he seeks."
- John Muir
To create an organization for all persons which promotes public service and responsible exploration, conservation, and utilization of nature, in order to enhance personal liberty, equality, mental and physical health, and overall well-being.
*Picture along Mt. Whitney Trail
*Picture along Marble Falls Trail
Our 2019/20 Goals
1. Provide one $1000 scholarship to oneTulare County student.
2. Adopt at least 5 families and provide them with gift cards for Thanksgiving dinner.
4. Adopt at least one family and gift them toys and clothes for Christmas.
5. Organize outdoor events such as hiking, camping, and fishing.
6. Participate in community service projects in Tulare County.